Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

common language runtime debugging services

• Please log in to reply

abrahams child

abrahams child

• PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
when my sysytem boots up i'm getting these messages about a runtime debugging service. the one i wrote down says:
hpqthb08.exe
application has generated an exception that could not be handled
process id = 0xb 14 (2836)
thread id = 0xb 18 (2840)
each time the system boots up the process and thread info is different. is my system infected with some kinda virsus?
thank you for any help that you can provide.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi abrahams child!

The file hpqthb08.exe is part of the HP Image Zone program. Can you go into Add/Remove Programs (inside the Control Panel) and see if that program is listed?

If it is, and you actively use that program, you can uninstall the program and download the newest version from HP and reinstall it
If it is, and you never use that program, just uninstall it and leave it uninstalled.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Hi abrahams child!

The file hpqthb08.exe is part of the HP Image Zone program. Can you go into Add/Remove Programs (inside the Control Panel) and see if that program is listed?

If it is, and you actively use that program, you can uninstall the program and download the newest version from HP and reinstall it
If it is, and you never use that program, just uninstall it and leave it uninstalled.

i opened the control panel but all i saw was hp extended capabilities 4.7, hp image zone 4.7, hp pcs & office jet 4.7, and hp update.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
HP Image Zone 4.7 is the culprit there. Uninstall that program and then reboot your computer and see if the error still pops up. If it doesn't, then we can work on getting it re-installed.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

HP Image Zone 4.7 is the culprit there. Uninstall that program and then reboot your computer and see if the error still pops up. If it doesn't, then we can work on getting it re-installed.

before i got to removing the hp image 4.7 the security program "norton" said i needed to restart to remove a security threat. when my system restarted i did not see the common language or did i see it this morning at startup. should we continue?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
If you didn't see the error after Norton removed a threat and had you reboot your computer, I wouldn't worry about it. If the error pops up again, I would uninstall it and reinstall it.

abrahams child

abrahams child

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

If you didn't see the error after Norton removed a threat and had you reboot your computer, I wouldn't worry about it. If the error pops up again, I would uninstall it and reinstall it.

thank you for the help and info!!