Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble posting

• Please log in to reply

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Ever since the changes I have been having problems posting, it either make whatver i had written dissapeared just before I post or it hangs and never posts and today it did the same )Hanged) and gave me a server time out message so retried to post and kept on doing it and finally saw after coming back later that all those attemps finally posted but like long after I tried and now have multiple same posts.

I also sometimes get pages that do not display as it should

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
We're still in the process of rebuilding all of the posts as a result of our upgrade. It's a server-intensive process; as a result, we're running it in what constitutes our overnight, because there are fewer people online. Unfortunately, that appears to be when you are online, and you're encountering the higher server loads. Combined with that, you may be hitting our backup period also. My recommendation would be if the server hangs when you're posting, just let it go for a few minutes until it comes back, rather than trying to repost repeatedly. Once the posts have all been rebuilt, you should see these problems go away.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
I was waiting but its has been awhile now and i am still have display issues when I want to sign in, as you can see in the print screen of the login screen that the login options overlay over one another and it is very hard to click on SIGN IN without clicking on the SIGN IN with FACEBOOK button.

I was hoping it would fix itself but it stays the same for over 2 weeks now, only the first couple of days after your updates did the page looked ok then one day it was like that and as not change since.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
What happens if you try other browsers? I've never had that issue

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
If I go to the sign in page using IE8 the page looks good like it did at beginning with the browser i use (Google Chrome).

I would need to use it many days to see if the same issue would come back but I hate IE8 so I will not use it and keep using Google Chrome.

If nobody can help I will keep on living with this issue, it is just a pain to find the right little spot to click on the sign in button without accidently clicking on the Facebook sign in button but after couple of tries i always do get it finally.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Your browser has just cached the CSS. A hard refresh CTRL+F5 will fix the issue immediately.

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Thank you very much that did the trick.

Edited by Alzeimer, 03 September 2010 - 09:02 AM.