Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2007...delete and email

• Please log in to reply

tennistm

tennistm

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
I have an email in my Outlook 2007 "outbox" that never got sent and I cannot delete it. It has a large attachment. Now whenever I try to mail out an email it stays in my 'outbox' quite a long time before going out; but the original email with the large attachment remains in the outbox.
How do I delete this item...all the different "deletes" I have tried so far have no effect.

Thanks,
Tim

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Open the email as though you are going to read or edit it.
Remove the attachment.
Click it's 'Send' button.

tennistm

tennistm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Open the email as though you are going to read or edit it.
Remove the attachment.
Click it's 'Send' button.

Whenever I try to open it, it says " Cannot open this item. Outlook has already begun transmitting this message". However, it NEVER gets sent.

bibomaria

bibomaria

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have an email in my Outlook 2007 "outbox" that never got sent and I cannot delete it. It has a large attachment. Now whenever I try to mail out an email it stays in my 'outbox' quite a long time before going out; but the original email with the large attachment remains in the outbox.
How do I delete this item...all the different "deletes" I have tried so far have no effect.

Thanks,
Tim

Hi!

For deleting emails with large attachments in outlook 2007 is a major issue.you can use a software for remove this types of problems. i have used a software for this type problems. you can find it ::: www.outlookrepair.net

Thanks.

bibomaria

bibomaria

• Pip
  • 2 posts
this may be because your attachment is too large for your email server to handle. what error message you are getting? Is it MAPI spooler message? If yes then try to open Outlook in Offline Mode and then delete the message. If you are unable to go to offline mode then you please go thru the following article:

http://www.outlook-t...uck_message.htm

Thanks