Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Anyone know what the the problem is with Firefox and Adobe Flask Playe

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I downloaded the latest version of firefox (Firefox 4.0 Beta 2) and the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (Flash Player 10.1.53.64 (Non-IE). Almost immediately I began getting full page pop up ads and and smaller text ads plus it screwed up my audio. I have to go to my audio control and keep sliding the wave control back up from the bottom to get my sound back and it happens all the time. Can anyone tell me why Firefox and adobe player can't play nice together? This is so Frustrating! I'd sure appreciate some help. If anyone can help I knows it's this site, cause you're all the best here at solving problems. :)

Edited by †_Moose_†, 29 July 2010 - 03:08 PM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Considering that FF 4.0 is still in BETA, I would assume that is probably your issue. Try rolling back to the latest stable version and see if your problem still occurs.

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
I did. I rolled back to firefox version 3.6.8 but I have the same problem. I even tried earlier firefox versions, with same results. Rolling back to 3.6.8 fixed my sound issue but the pop ups are still bombarding me. They are full page pop ups and each says Windows Internet Explorer on top, but I don't think they are from IE. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. :)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Sounds to me like you picked up a virus. Have you run a full scan of your computer for spyware/viruses with up-to-date software? If so (and of course if you haven't), then I suggest you head on over to the Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal Forum and follow along with the steps located in Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide pinned topic.

Fenor

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Most likely, this fake update: http://www.smartestc...update-malware/

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Yup, that most likely is it. Thanks for the find broni. :)

Fenor

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I must admit, pretty well done fake....grrrrrr

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
Hi Fenor, I ran a full scan with both Malwarebytes and My AVG anti virus. Neither found Nada, zippo, nothing. I'm still at square one I guess, but thanks for all the help I appreciate both you and the others taking the time to help me out.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

I have to go to my audio control and keep sliding the wave control back up from the bottom to get my sound back and it happens all the time

Most likely, you're infected with a bootkit and neither, AVG, or MBAM will detect it.

As Fenor said...

I suggest that you start a new topic in the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal area.

Before you start a new topic click on this link --> Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide, Please read before starting a new topic. This will give you a few preparations to make, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Edited by Broni, 29 July 2010 - 08:10 PM.