Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I cant hear any sound from youtube or anyting video site. HELP PLEASE

• Please log in to reply

chordavid51

chordavid51

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I havent been able to find any useful information so i thought i'd try this.

When i go to watch streaming video on youtube, or myspace, or pretty much anywhere that streams video i get no sound. Also same holds true for streaming audio, sites like myspace music, or movies sites
Audio that is stored on my computer works fine. Video stored on my computer works fine. The problem is in all browsers, firefox, google chrome, and internet explorer.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash. i've tested registry editing, that i have found in other forums, im at my wits end. Is there anyone who could please help me before i go insane? .... HELP. i already did most of the solution that i found online like the " wavemapper thingy" it didnt work, i tried system restore- didnt work, i tried download lastest flash - didnt work. HELP PLEASE.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi chordavid51! Welcome to G2G!

How To Fix:
  • Go to START-->RUN and type regedit to open the Registry Editor
  • Navigate to the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32
  • Now right-click on the heading Drivers32 and select NEW-->STRING VALUE.
  • Call this new String Value wavemapper.
  • Now double-click the wavemapper entry you just created and for the VALUE field, type in msacm32.drv and click OK.
  • Close the Registry Editor and try watching a video on YouTube again.

Fenor

**EDIT** -- I know you said you already did the above, but did you do it exactly? It is case-sensitive, and if you didn't put it in the right location, it will not work. Also, did you reboot your computer after doing the 'wavemapper thingy'?

Edited by Fenor, 29 July 2010 - 07:42 PM.

chordavid51

chordavid51

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks i felt welcomed. Well, there no need to help me anymore i solved it myslef :)

My "msacm32.drv" was outdated so i had to redownloaded it and now everything works.

Thanks for ur reply though.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad to see you solved it. For those reading this, who may need to get an updated version of msacm32.drv, you can find it HERE.