Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removing The StartSearches.net Hijacker

• Please log in to reply

Gregor

Gregor

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Wow! You GeeksToGo Guys are the greatest. After having so much trouble with that pesky StartSearches.net hijacker, all I had to do was come to your web site: The "start here" page for malware removal. I only had to go through the first step (CleanUp!), and that critter was gone! All this time, it was hiding in the 1.4 GB of temporary files that CleanUp! deleted. After rebooting my machine, I got back my own home page with no trace of that hijacker. And to think that I paid McAfee $30 for its AntiSpyware program, which didn't detect anything, and which didn't even give a clue as to what other steps should be taken! Thanks for your orderly, stepwise approach to the resolution of this serious problem. Although my problem seems to be gone at this point, I will probably go through the rest of the steps on that start page (except for the HiJackThis part), just to be sure that it stays gone. :tazz:

Advertisements