Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Blue screen...please help!

• Please log in to reply

Jaysama

Jaysama

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I got home and tried to turn on my comp. But I got a blue screen of death. The last thing I remember installing is windows media player, but about a week ago. Can't even log in on safe mode. The error message is:

BAD_POOL_CALLER
and then the info, and
STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x0000043, 0xD5889000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

So.. What can i do? It gets to the user login screen, but before the user list comes up, I get the blue screen. Both in regular and safe mode. Any thoughts?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x000000C2: BAD_POOL_CALLER

A kernel-mode process or driver incorrectly attempted to perform memory operations. Typically, a faulty driver or buggy software causes this.

Since you can't even get to the desktop to try removing the WMP software(if that is the problem), the next step is to do a repair install.

http://www.michaelst...pairinstall.htm

SRX660