Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Stored profile

• Please log in to reply

cleanprophet

cleanprophet

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Sometimes, when I log on, a box appears that says "cannot find locally stored profile" and the computer starts in what appears to be a new user, with the very basic start-up page. I reboot the computer and it finds my profile, starting up as normal.

However, today I have done this and it continally fails to find my profile, logging me onto the basic start-up page.

I had a problem a while ago that required me to create another profile as I could not access the internet via my normal profile. After that problem was fixed, I removed the new profile and now only have one profile. So, I don't know how or why this has happened or, indeed, how to fix it?

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
"Windows cannot load your profile because it may be corrupted" error message when you try to log on to Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318011

cleanprophet

cleanprophet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I managed to fix this in the end. The microsoft page definately helped. It proved tricky trying to copy and paste because I didn't have the room on my hard drive to accomodate it and it was taking a long, long time as well. In the end, I simply cut and paste files and folders from the corrupt account into a new account and that made things a lot, lot easier and quicker. Problem fixed. Thanks.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,768 posts
Thanks for the response. Good to hear you were able to solve the problem. :)