Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with iPad

• Please log in to reply

shishirgupta77

shishirgupta77

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Very strange and frustrating problem. I bought a new Apple Pad a week ago. Ofcourse I need to download the itunes as it is my first apple device. Downloaded and iPad start working. cool device. After that I switch it off. When I restarted, it again asked for connection to itunes (strange, my friends have no such problem). Did that...nothing happens as itunes cannot connect to the network. searched all places and found that this might be issue with firewall setting and this is my office decided to do the same on home laptop.

Laptop is Sony Vaio, Windows Vista....Many problems with installing itunes. Finally got it installed. I connected the iPad..now itunes says (This i-pad cannot be used because the required software is not installed. run the itunes installer to remove itunes and install itunes again. Did that again the same issue. PLease help...my iPad is behaving like a memory stick and It is expensive for the same.

SHishir

Advertisements

shishirgupta77

shishirgupta77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello, is there any support possible on the same? I will appreciate if you can indicate something about the same.

regards,

Shishir

Very strange and frustrating problem. I bought a new Apple Pad a week ago. Ofcourse I need to download the itunes as it is my first apple device. Downloaded and iPad start working. cool device. After that I switch it off. When I restarted, it again asked for connection to itunes (strange, my friends have no such problem). Did that...nothing happens as itunes cannot connect to the network. searched all places and found that this might be issue with firewall setting and this is my office decided to do the same on home laptop.

Laptop is Sony Vaio, Windows Vista....Many problems with installing itunes. Finally got it installed. I connected the iPad..now itunes says (This i-pad cannot be used because the required software is not installed. run the itunes installer to remove itunes and install itunes again. Did that again the same issue. PLease help...my iPad is behaving like a memory stick and It is expensive for the same.

SHishir

fisheromacs

fisheromacs

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Here is a link to apple's ipad connectivity help wizard:
http://www.apple.com...sistant/itunes/

also make sure you have the latest itunes installer.

also, as a general rule, don't plug the ipad into a usb hub; use a port on the computer

shishirgupta77

shishirgupta77

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks I tried that....Still not working..Planning to go to Apple store now..this is such a pain.

Here is a link to apple's ipad connectivity help wizard:
http://www.apple.com...sistant/itunes/

also make sure you have the latest itunes installer.

also, as a general rule, don't plug the ipad into a usb hub; use a port on the computer