Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

$3,000 Gaming Desktop Build

• Please log in to reply

xAc!d

xAc!d

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hello all, I am currently in Afghanistan and will be home in about 3 weeks. I have been out of the loop for a good 8 months, and therefore have little to no clue what's good anymore in the PC world. I have 3,000 that I want to spend to make the best Gaming Desktop ever. I need absolutely everything and I'm starting from scratch. This includes the best Monitor, mouse, etc...even gaming chair.

Anyways, I saw something about the Radeon 5590 (I think it was 5590) in PC Gamer magazine while I was over here, it's apparently the world's fastest graphics card...I'd like that in the build. And for a Processor, something fast and Quad Core. I'd also like it water-cooled if possible. Hey, you guys are the experts so I'll leave it to you. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Advertisements

Fatheed

Fatheed

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I'm not an expert, but this is what I would use if I had the cash :)

CPU: Intel Core i7 980X 3.33GHz (Gulftown) Extreme Edition (Socket LGA1366)
Motherboard: Asus Rampage III Extreme Intel X58 (Socket 1366) DDR3 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Dominator GT 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 16000C8 (2000MHz) Tri-Channel Kit
PSU: Corsair HX 1000W ATX Modular SLI Compliant Power Supply
Graphics Card: Asus ATI Radeon HD 5970 2048MB GDDR5

All that comes to £2019.94 (Using OverClockers as an example), not including Case, HDD's etc :)

xAc!d

xAc!d

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Hey man, thanks for the input. I definitely want that graphics card, I'm checking the rest of it out right now.

xAc!d

xAc!d

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for the advice, fatheed. For anyone interested, this is what I came up with...ordered it last night.

Case:Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD9 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 XL ATX Intel Motherboard
PSU:SPARKLE COMPUTER CORP Gold Class GW-EPS1250DA 1250W ATX12V / EPS12V 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
CPU:Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80601960
Video Card:XFX HD-597A-CNB9 Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support
Memory: G.SKILL Trident 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD
Hard Drive:Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000HLFS 300GB 10000 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Cooling:CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling (ALC)

CD/DVD Drive: LG DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH24LS50 LightScribe Support
Keyboard:Logitech G15 2-Tone USB Wired Standard Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Wired Precision Optical Gaming Mouse - 3.5G Infrared Sensor
Monitor:ASUS VW246H Glossy Black 24" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor
Headphones: RAZER Megalodon Gold-plated USB Connector Circumaural 7.1 Surround Sound Gaming Headset