Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 CD/DVD driver will not install successfully

• Please log in to reply

redline582

redline582

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hello,

I recently did a system restore on my Windows 7 Pro x64 machine. After the restore, my CD drive was no longer detected. Naturally I went into device manager and found that the drive had the dreaded exclamation point yield sign on it. I tried to update the driver and it said that the most current one was being used. I then did a right click->uninstall then scanned for new hardware to reinstall the driver, Windows then could not successfully install the driver. I tried another system restore to see if that could make a difference but still to no avail. I then found the firmware update from Lite-ON but it only works if the drive is detected. I'm really not sure what to do here.

Windows 7 Pro x64
Core 2 Quad Q8400 3.0Ghz OC
8 GB GSkill DDR2 800
WD Caviar Black 1TB
WD Caviar 200GB (Sys Drive)
Seagate Barracuda 500GB
Lite-ON LH-20AIS
2x Diamond HD 5770 in CFX
MSI P45 Platinum HC Edition
OCZ ModXStream 700W
Corsair H50 AIO Liquid Cooling
Lian Li PC-K62

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
Follow the advice given by rshaffer61 at the link below;
http://www.geekstogo...63-not-working/

redline582

redline582

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks for the quick reply. The fix worked perfectly.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:) Something I suggested actually worked? :)
I'm glad it resolved your issue redline582 and thanks for the suggestion philpower2. :) :) :) :)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
redline582 I am happy to hear your CD drive issue is now resolved & thank you for sharing the solution :)
rshaffer61 common sense approach used here, recommend the advice of a Trusted Tech first it may
be lazy but it is also wiser :)