Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Webcam Failure

• Please log in to reply

Rory01

Rory01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Everyone,
I bought an HP HDX 16 Premium Series Laptop a little over a year ago. Once Windows 7 came out for college students I purchased it. Since then the HP Webcam has not been working properly. I have tried to install the new driver and have called HP for Support, neither has seemed to help. The webcam will start up, but it will shut off periodically and i have to restart the program a number of times before it fixes itself. Windows 7 will notify me that a USB connection could be running faster, which i assume is the HP Webcam.Also, I have noticed that if i shift the Screen the camera sometimes quits. There could be a short- but i want to make sure its not the program itself. If its a short, then i might just purchase an external webcam.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Try changing the webcam software shortcut to 'compatibility mode' for the Windows version under which it used to run okay.
Right-click the webcam software shortcut and choose "Properties".
Click the 'Compatibility' tab.
Tick the box to activate the comptibility options and choose an earlier version of Windows.
Click 'OK'