Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

which is good virus protection?

• Please log in to reply

perpetualdarkness

perpetualdarkness

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i bought trend micro, but it seems, i go on stuff, and everything is a potential threat, and it gets confusing deciphering and knowing what is bad and not..
is there anythign really good out there besides nortons i could use? or is trend good

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It sounds like you have to train Trend Micro to allow sites that you know are safe like Microsoft or Trend Micro itself.
I use Avast Free Home Edition and a lot of people have said that Microsoft Security Essentials or MSE is another great one.
I used Trend Micro for awhile but found Avast a little over a year ago when I came to GTG because of a virus. That virus caused me to have to format and redo my system and on the suggestion of the Malware Tech helping me I switched to Avast.
It is a real time protection AV. Below is my canned speech for it.
Please download Avast from my signature below. Please make sure you do the registration as it is good for a year or more. When it is due simply just reregister it.
Avast in my opinion is better because:

It's FREE to the Home User
It Updates it's Definitions daily
You can scan Individual Files, Folders and Drives
No buying new versions every year

The link for MSE is HERE to read about it and see what you think.