Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows update error

• Please log in to reply

blondie76

blondie76

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi all,
Several problems in the past couple of days.
Security telling me my avg antivirus is turned off and avg is telling me it is running. When I try to turn on avg from security, it does nothing and says it is turned off.

Security telling me that windows updates are turned off, but when I try to turn on automatic updates it does nothing and will not turn on.

Cannot install any updates, when I try I get this error message
Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running. You may need to restart your computer.

I have restarted with no avail.

When I go to system restore, I get this message

There was an unexpected error in the property page
The volume shadow copy service ysed by system restore is not working. For more information view the event log. (0x81000202)

Backround intelligent service will not start, I get this error message

windows could not start the background intelligent transfer service service on local computer
error 1068: the dependencey service or group failed to start.

The com+event system service will not stay on I get this message

the com+event system service on local computer started the then stopped. some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.

I can't go to the microsoft update page, it just brings up a window telling me to go to my windows update from my start program.

Now this morning my connection status is saying connection unknown, but connection is working.

This is crazy, when I go to system to view my basic information it says

Window Vista Home Premium
service pack 2

acer aspire 5735
processor not available
memory not available
system type 32 bit operating system

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

blondie76

blondie76

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Thanks, I went to virus forum and tried to do everything on there. I don't have any virus protection right now, because I cannot download anything. Hope the help comes soon there. Thanks for the quick reply and help.