Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Microsoft Office

• Please log in to reply

portcharles19

portcharles19

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I had to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop, with the assistance of Dell Support. I didn't realize when I was on the phone with them that the Microsoft Office that came already installed was not there anymore. I do not have a CD for it. I have a factory restore CD that they told me has the original programs on it. Will running the factory restore mess up the reinstallation of Windows 7? Or should I just call Dell, once again, and complain?

Advertisements

Gene R

Gene R

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I had to reinstall Windows 7 on my laptop, with the assistance of Dell Support. I didn't realize when I was on the phone with them that the Microsoft Office that came already installed was not there anymore. I do not have a CD for it. I have a factory restore CD that they told me has the original programs on it. Will running the factory restore mess up the reinstallation of Windows 7? Or should I just call Dell, once again, and complain?

I am not one of the G2G techs but I've had experience with this type situation. I would call Dell TS back, not to complain but to describe the problems. They'll check your order and should give you the product key. They should give you a link to download it or might do it remotely for you. In some cases they will mail you an install disk...

You should have in your 'stuff' that came with the laptop information about the Office install which should have the product key with it.

Let's not 'jump on' tech support until they totally mess you over, if they do... Usually they are real helpful and want to make your machine like it was when you purchased it....

Hope this helps....

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi portcharles19! Welcome to G2G!

You should have an Applications CD that came with the computer's recovery CD's. The version of office that was on your computer should be on one of those CD's. If you can't find it, then yes, you will need to contact Dell so that they can tell you how you are supposed to get that program back on your computer.