Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Advice on potential computer

• Please log in to reply

mock01

mock01

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys. I'm contemplating purchasing this computer and was wondering what the general consensus on the system was. I'll mainly be using it for simple stuff (internet, (home)work, music, etc) and will only be doing some moderate gaming on it (SC2, the new Diablo when it comes out. No Crysis, lol). I would build one, but I'd prefer having a warranty on it and I have absolutely no experience building them.

- AMD Phenom X4 830 quad-core (2.8 GHz, 2MB L2 + 4MB L3 shared)
- 6 GB DDR3 RAM
- 750GB HD
- 1 GB ATI Radeon HD 5570
- Windows 7

I believe the monitor I'll be going with will be 23" 1920x1080. My biggest concern is with the video cards. There are a couple options, but I'm not sure what exactly is best. A 1 GB ATI HD 5450 is slightly cheaper, and a 1 GB NVIDIA GeForce GT220 (or GT 230) are decently more expensive. Is what I have now good for what I'll be doing with it? The base computer I'm putting together is an HP Elite HPE-300z, if that makes looking at this easier.

Thanks!

Advertisements