Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

BSOD source unknown. Help reading Dump files pls

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Have a WinXP Pro 32-bit box and haven been experiencing BSOD (blue screen of deaths) for some time but now more often back to back...just today I have 15 but it has only created 8 dump files.

There is no specific pattern it can happen at boot up, can happen after the PC has been stable for a few days, watching youtube videos, printing, etc just random then again like today continuously back to back.

System is:
ASUS P5Q Deluxe motherboard (not overclocked)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83Ghz 45mn, 12MB Cache, 1333 Mhz FSB
CORSAIR DOMINATOR 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS Hard
ATI Sapphire Radeon HD4850 video card

I have updated all drivers that I can think of, updated the BIOS, tried a new NVIDA video card but still had crashes, chipset updated, network drivers...

I do not know how to read the dump files and hoping someone can decode them and tell me what's causing my crashes. Most recent ones are dated: Mini080110-xx.dmp

Since there are so many I have posted them here:
Dump Files

I will attach the most recent dumps in a zip file...

Attached Files

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Welcome aboard Posted Image

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)
No installation required.
Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.
Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.