Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 display

• Please log in to reply

twitchysteve

twitchysteve

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I feel pretty silly asking this, but I have just got a new computer and am now using windows 7. In my "Computer" area where the drives are displayed has a bar to visually show how full each drive is. For one of my external hard drives the bar is red and the rest of the drives show a blue bar. I have recently formatted the drive with that shows the red bar and was wondering if the different colours represented the file format of the drive or whether there may be a problem with the drive, or none of the above.

Thankyou

Advertisements

Crowbar

Crowbar

Teacher

• GeekU Moderator
  • 4,798 posts
I thought that the bar turns red when you are down to 10% free space left. Did you put any files on this drive?

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
In My Computer, color indicates free space. Post a screenshot of Disk Management.