Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DLL Error

• Please log in to reply

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
I am trying to clean up my daughter's laptop in time for school. It's a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP Home Edition, 1.70 GHz Intel Celeron Processor, 448MB of RAM. I've run CCleaner & Advance System care. The current ERROR message I am getting is saying DLL cannot be opened. I've checked disk and defragged.

I've run Malaware & am currently running Antivirus.

I would like to be able to get this laptop running at it's best if possible.

Any suggestions?

(other than buying a new one...unfortunately the economy has stripped us of our income at present)

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 02 August 2010 - 10:24 AM.

Advertisements

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Could be spyware related, post over the in the Malware forum by clicking the link in my signature.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Thank you for your prompt reply diabillic....I've run Malaware repeatedly and come up clean. I am waiting to see what the Antivirus comes up with.

Edited by Certifiably Blonde, 02 August 2010 - 11:35 AM.

diabillic

diabillic

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts
Whats the name of the .DLL that is coming up with an error?

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
The antivirus has come up clean as well as Malaware. The exact error message reads "DLL cannot be opened"

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

Certifiably Blonde

Certifiably Blonde

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
THANK YOU!