Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP HOME INSTALL BLUE SCREEN

• Please log in to reply

james69er

james69er

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi.

Im Trying to install windows home edition on my lenovo t400 thinkpad. Windows XP is already installed but is corrupt, and i only have the windows home edition, and am trying to reinstall the whole computer.

When i try reinstalling windows xp via cd, as it is loading the cd and installing, a blue screen appears with :

Technical information :

STOP : 0X0000007E (0xC0000005, 0xF748E0BF, 0xF78DA208, OXF78D9F08)

pci.sys - Address F748E0BF base at F7487000, DateStamp 3b7d855c

Ive already went to bios and changed the anchi or achi or watever its called to IDE COMPATIBILITY but this still appears.

Any help would be appreicated as need to fix this asap.

Thank you.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
http://www.technipag...ows-xp3-cd.html

If the CD has only SP1 then you need to slipstream SP3 using nLite see the ABOVE

james69er

james69er

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
mm server is down will try later, why would u need sp3 ? shouldn't it still work just with the cd?

bump

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
No, it will not just work with the CD. That is why I told you to slipstream SP3.
If you format your hard drive using another program and then install the chipset drivers from your motherboard CD and then use the XP Home CD it will work, but then of course you will have hundreds of updates to do and the service packs.
Possibly the easier way, depending on what is wrong with the present installation is to solve that.
If you wish me to continue, then I will do so, but if you prefer to wait for another reply your are welcome.