Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen with no dump

• Please log in to reply

carrson

carrson

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been getting blue screens for the last couple of weeks, but I have not been getting dumps. The memory.dmp file is dated 4/16/2009 and the newest file in the minidump directory is dated 9/29/2008.

If I am finding my records correctly, I added memory to get to a total of 3GB in October 2008. I understand that a full memory dump is not available to 32-bit Windows.

I have changed my settings to do either a minidump or a kernal dump but have not gotten dumps with the subsequent blue screens.

I have a Dell Latitude D830 with Windows Vista SP2 32-bit, 3GB of memory.

1. Does anyone have suggestions on how to get a dump file for analysis?

2. I recorded a little information from the last 2 blue screens, if anyone has suggestions on them without a dump.
#1 - Stop codes 0x7F, 0x08, 0x803D3130, 0x00, 0x00 (no further information recorded)
#2 - Stop codes 0xD1, 0x10, 0x02, 0x01, 0x8AE93218 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - tcpip.sys Address 8AE93218 base at 8AE3B000

I just applied new drivers for both the wired and wireless network cards, and I also applied the latest BIOS as I was one version behind. So I possibly could have fixed at least one of the problems.

Thanks.

Advertisements

carrson

carrson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Had another blue screen today without a dump. Any ideas how to get one?

Attached Thumbnails

• photo.jpg