Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copy And Paste

• Please log in to reply

Shacko

Shacko

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I found a tutorial on the net that showed how to cut a selective section out of a sentence without highlighting the whole paragraph,I forgot to save it. What I'm trying to do is to copy the x's below without highlighiing the y's, I hope it can be done, thanks.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

....didn't seem too hard. just click and drag with the mouse

what exactly are you trying to do?

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX

....didn't seem too hard. just click and drag with the mouse

what exactly are you trying to do?

What I want to do is copy a segment of a sentence in the middle of a paragraph without highlighting more then what I want, what I normally do is copy more then I need and edit it,a total PITA

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sentence in the middle of a paragraph

i'm still not seeing what your issue is.

put the cursor of your mouse where you want to start copying, click the left mouse button and drag till what you want is highlighted (and before what you don't want is highlighted) then let go

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

sentence in the middle of a paragraph

put the cursor of your mouse where you want to start copying, click the left mouse button and drag till what you want is highlighted (and before what you don't want is highlighted) then let go

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
']
'

put the cursor of your mouse where you want to start copying,. (and before what you don't want is highlighted) then let go

If you are saying to go to the beginning and backdrag the highlighted part that you don't want to unhighlight, thats seems to work, what I was hoping to find out was the tutorial I was looking at had a way to put a stop on the beginning of the area you wanted to highlight and start highlighting from the end and thats as far as it would go.

I do appreciate you trying to help me, I don't think I'm wording my question right, in my reply start at go and the highlighting should end at unhighlight without any bleedover and without doing it twice, I may have dreamed this LOL

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i doubt you dreamed it..... but i have no idea what you're talking about hehe. maybe someone else has.

is this for ANYWHERE? or in a specific application?

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

i doubt you dreamed it..... but i have no idea what you're talking about hehe. maybe someone else has.

The only thing I recall was it worked in Windows

I think I figured something out, you put you cursor where you want the hightlight to end, hold the left mouse button down, hold shift, move to the end of what you want to highlight,hit the left mouse button and it works!!! My two brain cells are paying off!

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I think I figured something out, you put you cursor where you want the hightlight to end, hold the left mouse button down, hold shift, move to the end of what you want to highlight,hit the left mouse button and it works!!! My two brain cells are paying off!

Shacko

Shacko

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

I should of left my mouth shut, it works on this forum but on another one I checked it won't work! :)