Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SONY CD-RW/DVD-ROM DRIVER UNIT CRX320E FOR WINXP

• Please log in to reply

Jamluv

Jamluv

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
does any one know where i can find XP drivers for this SONY DVD-ROM/CD RW? I have looked everywhere, from drivers guide to soney web site. or is there a compatible driver?

Fast, this client is going to skin me alive.

Advertisements

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
you shouldnt need a special driver for that device. windows should automatically detect it and install the standard driver upon boot up.
if you cant see the drive inder my computer, or in device manager, then go into BIOS, make sure it is detecting there. you may need to set the BIOS to detect a CD/DVD drive in the appropriate slot (secondary master or slave).

Jamluv

Jamluv

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
It is being detected. but i cant write to it with roxio.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
thats gonna be a configuration thing with roxio. I havent used that program for a while, so its hard to remember settings...
make sure the drive is selected, burn speed is appropriate, things like that.

also check the roxio site, make sure that drive is supported. most are, but every once in a while, they arent. did the drive come with a burn program bundled?

vartan

vartan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
;) im having troubles with the drivers to but my windows doesnt detect anything :tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
Hi vartan, welcome to geeks to go!
did you just install the drive recently?
if so, is it a second drive in the PC, so you have two cd drives, or is it a replacement for a dead cd drive?

also, if you look in device manager, can you see the drive there, or does windows not acknowledge its existence?

Edited by audioboy, 14 June 2005 - 06:36 PM.

vartan

vartan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i never installed driver for it but i talked to my friend becaus it couldnt copy some movies or install some games and he said i needed to install a driver for it :tazz:

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
when you install a new CD drive, windows automatically installs the standard CD driver, and your off and running. if windows isnt seeing it, then something is wrong with the configuration of the drive- could be the master/slave jumper setting, could be the bios.
still need to the answers to the questions I asked earlier please. replacing a drive, or adding a new one? second CD drive or primary (single)?
also, when you boot the PC, before windows starts loading, you should see a list what devices it sees as attached. can you see the cd drive there?
post back with those answers, and we will get you going!

SweetyfromNYC

SweetyfromNYC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the same problem with the SONY PCGA-RDVGX1 CD-RW/DVD Drive. Sometimes it detects it but it tends to disappear. And it doesn't even detect it if I search for Hardware. Please help... Thanks :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Double check you have your jumpers set properly and it is plugged into the right port on you mobo. Also have you tried using something other than roxio like alcohol etc.

You might also want to make sure youre windows is up to date if you are one of those SP1 stallwarts make sure you get Sp2.

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
Hi sweet,
try this tool. its fixes problems like CD drives going away.

Please all, a friendly reminder, its better to start you own topic than to post into someone elses thread. it can get quite confusing when there are lots of different folks listing their version of the same thing...
thanx!

motmotngbayan

motmotngbayan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
please somebody help me i cant used my CD-R/RW/DVD-ROM DRIVE UNIT model CRX320E because i dont have any driver applicable for it. do somebody have one pls lend me. or do you people knew any site that has a free download of its driver? want to hear from you guys!!! thanks!