Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I make a file to change hardware acceleration?

• Please log in to reply

Chintapop

Chintapop

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Hello!

First of all, I don't know if this is in the right place. If it isn't, feel free to move it or I'll move it myself.
Anyways, my Dad's computer has very very low graphics quality upon startup unless you change hardware accelleration from full to none to full.
It is very tedious to do this every time, so is there a batch file to automate it? Or even a program?
I would put this in the startup folder so it runs automatically.

I was thinking and can't seem to find what file the hardware acceleration is located in...

Thanks in advance!

p.s. If there is no way to change the hardware acceleration in a batch file or something, how about a way to get to the hardware acceleration dialog box?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is a sign of more serious issues. You shouldn't have to change hardware acceleration on every reboot.

I presumse you have done the usual suspects such as upgrading the graphics drivers and/or the chipset drivers?

Chintapop

Chintapop

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
Yes, I've upgraded both drivers. They are Nvidia GeForce 6200 and VIA chipsets. I can't find the correct driver for my monitor... Its an AOC Spectrum 7Glr. On the AOC website, it isn't there! I think the next step would be to download the correct monitor driver (right now its the default Super VGA 1280x1024), but I can't find it :) ! Any ideas?

Thanks for helping!