Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect Aero & Update Problems

• Please log in to reply

nawillar

nawillar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Recently, I believe my computer had what is known as the "google redirect virus". When I would try to navigate Firefox or IE, I would be redirected to a go.google or google analytics website about 50% of the time. While I think I have gotten rid of the virus itself, there have been some issues with my computer that I believe are a result of the virus. I'd like to know if there's any way you can resolve my problems. Keep in mind, I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the redirect virus at all, but from my very limited knowledge, that seems to be where I think the problem(s) originated. They are as follows:

1) I cannot seem to get my Aero transparency to work. I'm not sure whether or not that's a result of needing a driver update or because of the google redirect virus that I had.

2) I also can't seem to get my computer to update via Windows 7 Automatic Update.

I'd love to hear any light you may be able to shed on my issue. It has been extremely frustrating to try & troubleshoot over the past few days, and a solution would be much appreciated

Also, attached is a copy of the Combo Fix log I ran just before posting this thread

Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by nawillar, 04 August 2010 - 03:33 AM.

Advertisements