Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installation update problem Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

blueuteboy80

blueuteboy80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi everyone. I have an Acer Aspire 5740 (i5 with Windows 7-home premium). When im finished working on the laptop and shutdown, the computer states 'do not unplug or power off the computer Windows is applying 1 of 2 essential updates'. This all happens 'normally' but when I restart the laptop it starts up as normal then the screen goes black. I then have to manually turn off the computer. I can then restart in safe mode and perform a system recovery and then the laptop starts again as normal. If I choose the start normally option from the manual restart the same problem occurs. I tried manually powering off the laptop from the start button after I had shutdown before/while the 'essential updates' downloaded. Sure enough the laptop went to the page giving the safe mode options etc on restart, but when I selected start normally it started up as normal with no black screen etc. Therefore it must be these windows updates that are causing this problem. Any ideas? Any help appreciated?

blueuteboy80

Advertisements