Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Weird behavior since Factory Reset

• Please log in to reply

womanandmom

womanandmom

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
I had something odd going on with my computer so i did a Factory Reset, which fixed that problem..however then I got a terrible virus immediately after so I did another reset. Now I have some weird issues.

1) USB's don't stay "connected" while the USB is connected and the device is on..I can hear the "connect/disconnect" alerts and it cuts out the connected repeatedly.

2) My Printer keeps reinstalling, it is also connected by USB. If I let it go I can have 8 copies of the same printer. I have to open the printer folder, delete them all, then turn the printer back on for it to work. Every time.

3) The screensaver is on, there is NO movement in the house and suddenly the computer wakes back up and the screen saver cuts out as if I've shaken the mouse.

I assume it has something to do with the Resets..any ideas what?
Thank you!

Advertisements

womanandmom

womanandmom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
The printer portion of this is REALLY bothering me, I can't get it to work at all now. Anytime I turn it on it restarts the installation even though I did the installation with the disc...then uninstalled...then reinstalled with the drivers from the website.

It's an HP Deskjet F380.

HP Cue Status constantly crashes too.