Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

I have no sound on my computer

• Please log in to reply

FGL

FGL

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently I had to clear my hard drive and re install windows XP ( 2002 . Since doing this I cannot get any sound. Looking in my hardware info the multi media audio tab has a big yellow question mark at the side of it. When I click on the tab it tells ne that the device is
PC\VEN 1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_AO\3561AAA01&0&17
When I check it tells me I have no sound drivers installed.
Can anyone help, and tell me where I can get sound drivers from. ( windows cannot find any )

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi FGL! Welcome to G2G!

Go to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc. In the new window that appears, check and see if any items have a yellow exclamation/question mark next to them. If there are any, list them here.

Also list the make/model of your computer if it is a prebuilt (aka Dell, HP, etc.) computer, or the motherboard model if it is a custom built computer.

Fenor

FGL

FGL

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Fenor,

Thank you for your reply.
I have done as you suggested and can report that a yellow question mark is at the side of Multimedia Audio Controller and the link to this.
The computer was a build type. According to the devices tab the motherboard is Device Instance Ltd ACPI\PNP0C\1.
Hope this helps

Edited by FGL, 04 August 2010 - 02:45 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
That is not the motherboard name. Let's see if we can find that info out another way...

Download, install and run Everest Home Edition. Once you have it running, click on REPORT and the Report Wizard should run. When you come to the REPORT PROFILES page of the wizard, make sure you have radio button next to System Summary Only selected. Then click NEXT, you can leave HTML selected and click FINISH. The report will then be generated and a new window will appear. In this new window that appears, click SAVE TO FILE and save the report as REPORT.HTM somewhere on your computer where you will remember its location. Please ATTACH this file to your reply.