Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Malware removal ?

• Please log in to reply

tclark417

tclark417

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Good day...

I have been reading the posts and just registered. I'm having some, what I think, are serious issues. I am running Vista and I use Explorer and Firefox for my internet. I downloaded the information you suggested in one of the posts, OTL, etc.. I have the reports as well. My computer is about 2 years old and it's a Dell laptop. What happens is this. I open either IE or Firefox and it will run fine for a bit then it will all of sudden say at the top (not responding). If I click the page I am on it will fade to a white, light color and then a couple of second later go back to normal. It is now doing this regularly and I don't know what to do. Should I paste the reports in here? Or do you have any other suggestions what to do? I use Microsoft Essentials as my antivirus. I have adware and spybot as well. I was desperate and downloaded different registry cleaners, etc. I'm wondering if I should just remove them from my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisements

tclark417

tclark417

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
i forgot to add that my CPU usage is at 100% and has been for some time now.