Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disappearing page sections in Chrome

• Please log in to reply

StephenWalker

StephenWalker

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

Sections of web pages disappear in Chrome - they are there for a fraction of a second when the page loads but then disappear.

For example this one: http://www.ents24.com/web/ where the entire page disappears leaving only the tabs and the info bar at the bottom! See the pictures.

chrome.jpg

explorer.jpg

Chrome details:
Google Chrome 5.0.375.125 (Official Build 53311)
WebKit 533.4
V8 2.1.10.15
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.125 Safari/533.4

Edited by StephenWalker, 06 August 2010 - 02:07 AM.

Advertisements

StephenWalker

StephenWalker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry, ignore this :) I duplicated the post!

Edited by StephenWalker, 05 August 2010 - 01:52 PM.

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
I'm writing this response using Chrome (Google Chrome 5.0.375.126), and I can say the page loaded fine for me.

I should just say - this is what happens when you use "beta" products - there be bugs. That's why its in Beta. When you run into things like this, if you can consistently reproduce the problem, you should probably submit a bug report to Google.

StephenWalker

StephenWalker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I'm writing this response using Chrome (Google Chrome 5.0.375.126), and I can say the page loaded fine for me.

I should just say - this is what happens when you use "beta" products - there be bugs. That's why its in Beta. When you run into things like this, if you can consistently reproduce the problem, you should probably submit a bug report to Google.

I'm now running 5.0.375.126 (Official Build 53802), it's not the Beta version, and the problem persists.

MS-Free

MS-Free

• PipPipPip
  • 425 posts
Have you tried clearing your cache?

SteveFTM

SteveFTM

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Yes. Problem persists :)