Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No audio on my Windows XP computer

• Please log in to reply

aralopez90

aralopez90

• Pip
  • 5 posts
when i check the volume controls there isnt any and it says there is no sound device, i dont know what happend, how can i install the sound device ???

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi aralopez90! Welcome to G2G!

Go to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc. In the new window that appears, check and see if any items have a yellow exclamation/question mark next to them.

rc87

rc87

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Go to START-->RUN and type devmgmt.msc. In the new window that appears, check and see if any items have a yellow exclamation/question mark next to them.

I have the same problem it was working fine yesterday, but there are no exclamation marks or anything next to any of them

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

I have the same problem it was working fine yesterday, but there are no exclamation marks or anything next to any of them

Please start your own topic rc87. :)

Edited by Fenor, 06 August 2010 - 07:11 AM.

aralopez90

aralopez90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Yes, one does its called "Audio Device on HIgh Definition Audio bus"

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Looks like you need to install the Audio Driver for your computer. What is the make/model of your computer?

aralopez90

aralopez90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

aralopez90

aralopez90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
THank you so much I click on the yellow question mark and click on where it said to reinstalled and got my sound back , Thank you I had someone come in and see it yesterday and he had advice to buy a new sound card, it was going to cost alomost 50 dollars to get the card and get it installed, Thank You so much, also that person that came in did a system restore point going to Start/Run and DX Diag. Is there any way I can reverse that but without eraising the sound again because alot of the new updates I had got erased since the system when back to how it was back in May

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad to see you got your sound back! :)

I wouldn't worry about the restore that person did as long as you are not experiencing any other ill-effects because of it.

*EDIT* -- Just go get those Windows Updates again and they will reinstall.

Edited by Fenor, 06 August 2010 - 07:30 AM.

aralopez90

aralopez90

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
ok thank you