Bios ver. F9
CPU: Intel i7 Core 860 @ 2.80Ghz
Mem: 2 sticks x 2Gb each (KVR1333D3N9/2G)
GPU: ATi Radeon HD 5750 @ 1Gb mem
PSU: ATX 12v, 400w
CDROM: LG DVD RAM
OS: windows 7 x64
I did NOT assemble this computer. My PC expert did.
* Computer sometimes posts, then after some time it freezes and monitor goes off to standby, my sound is stuck and repeats itself (its in a 1 sec loop or so)
* Other times my computer is turned off (after I shut it down properly through windows) and it still won't post.
* My monitor is an old CRT (MAG) which I use for gaming. I used it for a few years at 85Hz desktop (1024x768) and 120Hz on Counter strike (640x480).
* Computer beeps like this: 1 Long 1 short or 1 Long 2 short (can't tell the difference)
* Phase LEDS are all on while having this issue
A few questions:
1) what can be done in order to fix the posting problem. please post detailed steps because I've never messed with a hardware before, although I am a software expert.
2) Is it possible that this problem is because of the monitor being exhausted with having such high refresh rates - therefore it somehow shortens the Mobo?
My expert's opinion is that my monitor is causing all this, though I don't think so... it has worked perfectly fine on my old PC (I bought this one 2 months ago)
Steps I've tried:
* Fail-safe options on bios
* Swap RAM slots
* Disconnect monitor, try to boot without it
* Jump the CMOS (without removing bat)
* Update Bios
* Bought a new PSU (Corsair TX650w)
Still nothin. HELP!