Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HDMI out to TV

• Please log in to reply

spikeithard

spikeithard

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey all, first post here.

I Have a HP mini atom n270 1.6

I tried hooking up my mini to my 50 inch tv and it works but when i watch videos there is a type of line across the screen about 3 quaters up. its almost like a rendering line like the video isnt loading fast enough. its like if i have a poker table open and not at full screen then i click on it and rapidly drag it all over the screen fast the line appears throughout the table. also when im watching a full screen video (avi) the 'line' only appears when there is movement on the screen like they start walking or something. if they are standing still and talking there is no problem.

It did this right off the start BUT about 3 weeks in after getting the HP it started to not do this. it was great! no line at all for about a week or so then it came back. i dont remember doing anything to the computer that would affect this. i have turned it off and on a few times while it was fine too. its currently doing this now. but it has nothing to do with the HDMI cord or tv because when im only using the MINIs screen i can still see it. what would cause it to stop and start again? its hard to describe the line but its like static line kind of were the pixels dont line up at all. sometimes a few lines at once but they seem to be higher up on the screen then lower

thanks soooooo much! i would like to squash this problem because i watch all my shows on my pc.

chris

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried updating the graphics card drivers?

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

have you tried updating the graphics card drivers?

no i wouldnt even know where to start! lol

but i dont get why i was fine for a week or so then went back to lines again. didnt touch a thing

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what operating system is on the machine?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
nevermind...looks like that device only ships with XP..

go here and expand the "Driver - Graphics" section by pressing the + next to it. you want to download the "nVidia driver update" and install it

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
hey thanks. did it and rebooted but still has some lines across the screen when movement is present. hmmmmm

I just dont get why for a while there is was fine then its back?! maybe i should drop the mini or shake it lol

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what are you playing the videos in?

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
vlc... not good? i like VLC player because its full screen..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried playing videos in other players? or even Youtube? does the problem persist in other players?

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

have you tried playing videos in other players? or even Youtube? does the problem persist in other players?

actually i tried using realplayer and no lines... but the quality isnt as good..and ya in youtube its still there

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
are the videos you're playing in vlc player FROM youtube? or in FLV format?

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

are the videos you're playing in vlc player FROM youtube? or in FLV format?

they are AVI files. from torrents or something.

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
even any window i open up, i drag around the screen fast it does it. not just videos but things that move on screen. the pixels dont line up..hence why a line appears

spikeithard

spikeithard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ya its a tough problems and no one seems to be able to know what it is. im gona have to take it in to geek squad or something unfortantly :)