Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Monitor goes blurry in and out

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
I have an ACER H234H 24" monitor that has been great with no problems, until now. It is roughly 2 years old. The monitor at times goes blurry and after a few seconds it is okay. At first I thought it was my eyes, but today my grandson asked me why the letters on the monitor were going blurry. The settings show that the resolution is 1024x768 and it is a Plug & Play monitor on ATI Radeon 2100 graphics.

Hopefully it is NOT my monitor but with my luck it will be. Hopefully someone can help.

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts
I believe the resolution should be set at 1920x1080, (not 1024x768).

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
You should get a clear resolution even on 1024x768.
If changing resolution does not resolve it then you need to try the following:

Try another monitor. If problem goes away the the monitor is bad.
Try safe mode (uses default drivers). If problem goes away then vid card is probably bad.
If a video card issue, you can try updating the driver.