Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Black screen during boot

• Please log in to reply

Ahnuoy

Ahnuoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I am having some problems with my computer ,so here's the story, last night my computer was working perfectly fine , but the very next morning i tried to boot up my computer but was unable to do so because of some unknown causes , a black screen appears , I can tell my computer is on because all the lights are flashing for the power /charging button and the fan runs for a short while before dying out. I have tried searching for solutions on the Internet and found out on a post that some people fixed this problem by pulling out their power plugs / battery and hold the power button for 30 - 60 sec but that solution did not work for me , all the info I can say about the computer I know is

It's com pac computer it has 2.0ghz and is vista basic with a nvidia graphics card and intel centrino 2.

Please help ):

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,993 posts
Hi Ahnuoy :) sorry to hear you are having this issue.

all the lights are flashing for the power /charging button and the fan runs for a short while before dying out. I have tried searching for solutions on the Internet and found out on a post that some people fixed this problem by pulling out their power plugs / battery and hold the power button for 30 - 60 sec

This would suggest the computer is a laptop, is that correct?
Remove the memory stick/s, if you have more than one memory stick try them one at a time in each slot, if you only have one stick try it in the other slot.
If the above suggestion doesn`t work out please post the Compaq model name or number this will enable others to help you better, you could also try the fix in the link below;
http://www.prevx.com...sta-and-XP.html
Good luck & let us know how things work out.