So I've Googled and didn't find my specific issue. Since purchasing the router(Asus RT-N13U) a month ago I've found it finicky with inconsistent Internet connections but tolerable.
My big issue is that I design websites and I have a site I'm developing www.my-fake-name-site.com. This router cannot access that site, I keep getting server not found in my browsers.
I am using Windows 7 Home Premium with an AMD Phenom X4-965 cpu and Asus M4A77D motherboard.
Being close to 60 my brain cells seem to be atrophying at a logarithmic rate
However here is my troubleshooting protocol.
I tried pinging the site but get "Ping request could not find host my-fake-name-site.com".
Using trace route produced some odd results. It won't trace the primary domain name but will trace to a subdomain:
Unable to resolve target system name my-fake-name-site.com.
Tracing route to subdomain-of-my-fake-name-site.com [00.111.111.00]
over a maximum of 30 hops:
1 1 ms <1 ms 1 ms my.router [192.168.1.1]
2 7 ms 9 ms 7 ms 10.75.0.1
3 11 ms 15 ms 14 ms d226-2-209.home.cgocable.net [220.127.116.11]
4 9 ms 14 ms 10 ms 109-0-226-24.cgocable.net [18.104.22.168]
5 12 ms 11 ms 9 ms 22.214.171.124
6 10 ms 11 ms 9 ms 10ge.xe-2-0-0.tor-151f-cor-1.peer1.net [126.96.36.199]
7 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms 10ge.xe-0-0-0.tor-1yg-cor-1.peer1.net [188.8.131.52]
8 22 ms 19 ms 21 ms 10ge.xe-0-0-0.chi-eqx-dis-1.peer1.net [184.108.40.206]
9 31 ms 31 ms 21 ms te1-7.bbr01.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com [220.127.116.11]
10 69 ms 55 ms 59 ms po3.bbr01.eq01.dal01.networklayer.com [18.104.22.168]
11 55 ms 57 ms 52 ms po5.dar01.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [22.214.171.124]
12 57 ms 55 ms 66 ms po1.fcr02.sr04.dal01.networklayer.com [126.96.36.199]
13 64 ms 53 ms 56 ms subdomain-of-my-fake-name-site [00.111.111.00]
And even weirder although it won't trace in Command Prompt but I can trace it in Network-Tools.com????
However I can access the subdomain site?????????????????????
If I give my browser the IP address of domain I can access the Apache intro page but no access if I use the domain name.
I don't think this router likes my primary domain name!!!!!
To eliminate OS issues I tried getting to the site using the OS independant SplashTop browser in Asus's ExpressGate:
1. With the RT-N13U connected can't connect to www.my-fake-name-site.com.
2. With my LinkSys WRT54GL www.my-fake-name-site.com connects fine.
3. With broadband modem cable to computer www.my-fake-name-site.com connects fine.
The same results above happen when I access them in Windows 7.
Installed 1.02 firmware, made sure that DHCP is enabled - also checked routers URL filters - hosts file is in original state - but still can't access www.my-fake-name-site.com.