Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Zero Configuration Service: Error 1068

• Please log in to reply

Boris_yo

Boris_yo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
When i bought my laptop, i was using Windows'XP default wireless service. Then after some time, i was having frequent disconnections which was probably caused by router 3com, but i thought there was problem with drivers of my Intel 3945BG Wireless Card. Thus i decided to install Intel PROset software to rectify the problem. Still disconnection problems were happening and then i decided to go back to original Wireless Zero configuration Service and uninstalled Intel PROset software.

However after that uninstall, my Wireless Zero configuration Service stopped working. Everytime i start service it gives me Error 1068. So from this it appears as Intel PROset software wasn't completely removed? I tried uninstalling my wireless card's driver with no avail. In summary, i think Intel PROset software is conflicting with Wireless Zero configuration Service.

What can be done here guys?

Advertisements