Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need forensic expert -bios changed during breakin- why?

• Please log in to reply

jennifer elizabeth

jennifer elizabeth

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My ex-fiance's geek secretary broke into my computer and destroyed my investment data! (Causing me to lose my life savings invested
with him) The computer was new in 2005, beak in was in 2006, but we discovered the sec changed the BIOS to a 2007 release....big problem, the computer was in the police evidence room during all of 2007! She also installed remote access, changed creation dates on docs, etc.
WHAT VALUE WAS THERE IN CHANGING THE BIOS??? HOW COULD THE DATE OF THE BIOS BE AFTER THE DATE OF THE BREAKIN BY OVER A YEAR?
CAN A BIOS RELEASE BE BACK OR FORWARD DATED? Anyone have an answer? Pleae help!!! Jenna

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

WHAT VALUE WAS THERE IN CHANGING THE BIOS???

To fix one or more bugs and/or to upgrade to the latest enhancements.

HOW COULD THE DATE OF THE BIOS BE AFTER THE DATE OF THE BREAKIN BY OVER A YEAR?

Someone updated the BIOS after the 'BREAKIN'.

CAN A BIOS RELEASE BE BACK OR FORWARD DATED?

Yes, by the programmers.