Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus Chest (re: to delete or not)

• Please log in to reply

James Gunn

James Gunn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have just done a full and thorough virus scan with Avast 5.0.545 and it found 5 trojan files. The files found were 4x vmain.class and 1x vload.class trojans in my AppData/LocalLow files. These files have been moved to the virus chest and I have re scanned the AppData files where they were found and nothing is being found now. Should I delete these files from the Virus chest or does it not matter if they are left there. Also as the scan is not finding any infections now, Do you think I need to do any extra cleaning etc to fully make sure these dirty little b***ers have gone. Many Thanks in Advance for any help or advice you can offer me. James

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,302 posts
Hi James Gunn :)

A couple things I would recommend.
1. Leave them in the vault till you are sure that they are not false items and needed for programs.
2. Visit our malware forum and run through the self help portion.

I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum. If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools