Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Outlook 'Enter Network Password'

• Please log in to reply

GlenT

GlenT

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi,
I am using Vista and Outlook 07- for about two years now.This is a home PC connected by cable to bigpond - the dominant local supplier.
Recently, I have just started getting the occasional pop-up to enter the network password; the password fields are ****** out; I hit save password, click and its back in action. So it is annoying rather than catastrophic.
I have had this before many years ago and to fix it then, I just went into the email set-up, deleted everything, rebooted,set up the email account again - and all worked fine. Not so this time.
I did try setting up an additional profile, but when I reset that to the older pst file, it too generated the pop-up.

Now as a control, we have a second holiday house where we run exactly the same hardware and software;that has no symptoms.
I did go onto a microsoft site and there were some ideas there; but not sure I want to go working in the registry for what is (only, I guess) an anoyance.

Any offers of advice or help would be gratefully received.
Thanks,
GlenT

Advertisements