Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Motherboard Question

• Please log in to reply

Joafu

Joafu

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello all,

I'm coming out of lurking with a question.

I'm scraping together some funds for a new computer, but I'm not out to break the bank. I'm wanting something with at least a Core i3 processor, and I've found a nice barebones on tigerdirect that will get me a good backbone to work with and help me keep with my budget.

http://www.tigerdire...84&Sku=B69-1222

My main question is: does anyone have experience with the EVGA P55V SLI Motherboard? I've seen this MB come up more and more in barebone kits, but I'm hesitant to jump on a deal that might be too good to be true. The few reviews I've found have been about neutral- fine with me, I'm not launching a rocket to the moon- but I'm just wondering if anyone on this knowledgeable forum has any input, or any caution.

A secondary question: any other recommendations for a MB with the LGA 1156 socket? Any AMD MBs? I'm not that picky, I just wanted something on the 1156 socket for fun factor.

Thank you!

*quick edit: I'm also looking for a decent video card, something that will run Civ V on at least min specs. I don't want to overwhelm this thread if that's too much to ask.

Edited by Joafu, 08 August 2010 - 10:03 PM.

Advertisements