Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Out of Memory?

• Please log in to reply

wildair

wildair

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Running XP SP3, if I have a few or only one inocuous program open and minimized like Outlook Express, and the screen saver comes on and runs for a few hours, it will then put up a window and say it is out of Memory. There are only 10 or so photos checked on my Webshots program as the screensaver. After this the computer practically freezes up. Only way to close the window is by clicking Enter. On the desktop, if I try to open a program, none of them will open. I can go to Task Manager, and sometimes it works to shut down and sometimes not.

I have run MalwareBytes, and Microsoft Security Essentials with 0 results.

I then turn off the computer, wait 30 seconds and reboot and it is fine until I stop using it and let it go to the screen saver.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)
Lets take a look and see what we have going on.
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:

1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"