Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emachine junk

• Please log in to reply

Wes Craven

Wes Craven

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I am using an emachine. Running XP Home. 128 MB Ram, Processor is an AMD running at 1.1 G. Anyway shortly after connecting to the internet, each time I open explorer to read or write email the system just freezes up, I have to constantly reboot, what is causing this? Need help if possible.

Thanks

Wes

Advertisements

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Although I can't help you this far, go to the Malware forum, and post a HJT log. Also, make sure you have all your Windows updates.

If you haven't already, please download Spybot Search & Destroy and AdAware.

Follow all the instructions on this website to run a scan with both of these softwares.

Also, please install AVG-Anti Virus Free Edition. You can get it from Grisoft.

There are other cases, but most likely it is a virus. First try doing the scans with the Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware programs. Then, if that doesn't help, post a HJT log.

Edited by jake6535, 24 May 2005 - 09:17 AM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
Oh, and please don't call your precious computer junk. :`(