Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

acer laptop

• Please log in to reply

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
alright, my cousin broke his acer netbook screen about two months ago. i am actually using it right now, with an old crt i have. he told me and his parents that he didnt drop it or step on it. now, since he is twelve, none of us believed him. then yesterday my uncle asked if i had heard about acer having screwed up screens, because his mother was going to buy one from walmart (15 in. 2 or 3 GB ram 250 GB HDD i think, only 300 bucks). i told him i havent heard anything, and i figured it had a sempron in it, so i told him it would be fine for just email (she isnt exactly a "techy" person). but then, i started looking tonight at new screens/suggestions, and found that ALOT of people have said there screens just broke, with no droping or anything. i said all that to ask this: 1 is acer a bad brand? should i tell her to take it back while she still can? 2 any suggestions on fixing THIS screen (acer aspire one A0751h). and 3 are their screens defective? thanks, i love this site! :) and i moved this from geek talk here in hopes that someone would have an opinion. thanks again!

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
Acer makes the shoddiest laptops, say IT professionals
By Jason Hiner | August 6, 2010, 9:30am PDT
http://www.zdnet.com...essionals/37747

IT professionals consider Acer laptops to be the most shoddy. Of the top seven laptop sellers that were asked about in the two polls, Acer ranked first (24%) among the least reliable laptops and last (6%) in the most reliable laptops.

Consumer Reports survey: Most-reliable computers
http://www.wral.com/.../story/8106028/
Posted: 5:00 p.m. yesterday [August 9, 2010] - Updated: 6:21 p.m. yesterday

In a recent Consumer Reports survey, ... The survey asked about online support, phone wait time, whether the staff was knowledgeable and communicated clearly, and whether the problem was solved.

“Acer, which owns Gateway and eMachines, got the lowest marks by far. They rated much worse than others for solving problems,” said Donato Vacarro with Consumer Reports.

drmoneejd

drmoneejd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
wow, thanks. i honestly had no idea. i guess i will tell him to really take care of it, or to consider taking it back.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,767 posts
You're welcome. :)