Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Domain computers not syncing time with domain controller

• Please log in to reply

thilton19

thilton19

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
This is an odd one for me.

I'm working at a client's location with a single domain computer and I'm adding workstations to the domain for the first time. (For whatever reason they never used the domain for user authentication). Anyway, once I join a computer to the domain it will start to lose its time sync with the domain controller by a couple hours. I can switch the time back but it will invariably lose time. I'm not certain if the time is simply stopping or if its resetting. Oddly enough, when I check the domain server clock its time is accurate. Its only the PCs I've added to the domain that are having this problem. All non-domain member PCs are showing time fine. Also, I see no errors in the PC Event Logs.

Any thoughts on where to look to resolve this or some troubleshooting tips? I've setup many a domain and added many a domain PC but I've never seen this.

Thanks!

Troy

Advertisements