Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me!

• Please log in to reply

VLV

VLV

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,
I'm having real trouble with my computer. It is very slow and is in danger of being thrown out of a window (if I was a rock star I would have done this already!) I have spoken to lots of friends who do know about computers, they have told me to upgrade the RAM inside it. I don't know how to do this or what kind of RAM I need to buy. My computer is a Fujitsu Siemens Scaleo P P5LD2-FM-DH-VP model with 512 mb RAM - does anyone know what kind of RAM I need to put inside it? And is it just a case of opening up the computer and putting the new RAM inside?
Your help will be much appreciated,
VLV

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
From the manual @ http://uk.ts.fujitsu...-DH_english.pdf

4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support up to 4GB of unbufferred non-ECC 667/533 MHz DDR2 DIMMs

Edited by Neil Jones, 10 August 2010 - 03:11 PM.

HungryDuck

HungryDuck

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Right so for the non technically inclined that would read:
Get at least 2 sticks of 1GB DDR2 667MHz RAM and throw away your 512MB stick. Vista is a memory hog so don't try it without at least 2GB. DDR2 800 will work too although it's a bit of a waste to run it under spec...

Edited by HungryDuck, 12 August 2010 - 12:10 PM.