Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows blue screen

• Please log in to reply

mycompneedssomefixing

mycompneedssomefixing

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello,

i have a hp mini laptop 110-1030nr and in the last couple of days i have been seeing this blue screen.for example i will login from the welcome screen the maybe about an hour or more it will show the blue screen for about less than 5 seconds then it will shutoff and then restart can you help me. i have done a norton full system test and for some reason it keeps freezing and i have 2 accounts on the log in screen.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
In the start menu, right-click on My Computer. Click on properties. Click on the Advanced tab. Under the “Startup and Recovery” section, click the Settings button. In the “System Failure” section you should be able to see a Check Box that says “Automatically Restart”. Un-check that box and click on OK. Close out the properties Window to go back to the desktop. You should now be able to read your BSODs when you get them. Write down what the BSOD says and post it here.

It's really the only way we can tell what's going on with your computer.

SRX660

mycompneedssomefixing

mycompneedssomefixing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

In the start menu, right-click on My Computer. Click on properties. Click on the Advanced tab. Under the “Startup and Recovery” section, click the Settings button. In the “System Failure” section you should be able to see a Check Box that says “Automatically Restart”. Un-check that box and click on OK. Close out the properties Window to go back to the desktop. You should now be able to read your BSODs when you get them. Write down what the BSOD says and post it here.

It's really the only way we can tell what's going on with your computer.

SRX660

hello

i have download hijack this before i posted this and i did a run live update and show login file will that be better for you or will the one you said is better please let me know

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts

i have download hijack this before i posted this and i did a run live update and show login file will that be better for you or will the one you said is better please let me know

I am not used to reading hijack this logs simply because they are more useful for seeing malware programs on the computer. I really don't think malware is causing your problem. I think it is more of a hardware problem( blue screens usually are).

SRX660