Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp wont let me open any files or programs

• Please log in to reply

jponytail78

jponytail78

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ive tried many things but still cant fix the problem. when i go to restore and click ,nothing happens. anytime i try to look up a solution windows redirects and ask me if i wanna use the web to find the program but when i click ok, it doesnt do anything

Advertisements

Pcs365

Pcs365

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
Hi, did go through your post and based on my understanding, follow the steps below.

The first action to be performed is to run Last Known Good Configuration, and that is by restarting your computer and keep pressing F8 for startup options, and then, when the menu appears select (LKGC)and run it. Hope the results are successful. If not,

Boot the computer normally and run a full virus scan with an updated anti virus, and post the results. If you found anything. If still the problem occurs

Last step after performing the above steps, will be to run check disk , that is by going to my computer(windows explorer)- right click on the active drive- go to properties- click on tools tab- then click on check now- and you will see a small window with two options asking for you check the boxes. check both the boxes which will say ( Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for recovery of bad sectors). And then click on start. This will prompt you by saying schedule on the next restart and say YES. then restart your computer.