Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

psp2001 screen replacement

• Please log in to reply

bigtrucks

bigtrucks

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
OK so I get my grand son a used psp from gamestop for xmas last year(no not being cheap being on a fixed income),he has it for about 3-4 months and his mom sat on it cracking the screen. She promised him then she would replace the psp. As of this date he is still without a psp. So we were talking about it today and he informed me that it snaps out and can be replaced. My dilemma is there are no repair shops within 50 miles of were I live that mess with portable games. I checked the internet found a couple of places but don't know how reputable they are. If anyone has dealt with any of the following places please let me know your opinion of them or if anyone knows of any other sites that are trust worthy don't hesitate to post them.
Thanks in advance :)
BT
vpgames
RichsPSXParts
TheGamersix
eBay
BuyCheaper
Shopzilla

Edited by bigtrucks, 11 August 2010 - 06:15 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
the ebay link never came up for me. the others all had issues with the vendors of one kind or another. Enough for me not to want to buy from them. I did some looking myself and here is what I found:

Buy.com

and instructions on how to replace the screen:

http://www.ifixit.co...-Display/1270/1

Kii

Kii

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
I've personally had no problems with Ebay when it came to parts for the Psp. I've gotten about 4 sets of LED triggers for the 1K, a new 1K screen, 2K Housing, A set of LED triggers for the 2K & a Screen Bracket for the 1K with no issues at all, though out of paranoia and to be 110% sure I got the right screen, I bought one that said it had a backlight.

My 1k actually broke when I tripped on a ledge at a Military Cemetary in D.C, and the housing cracked along with the screen & the bracket was horribly bent up. After ordering everything, it took about 2wks to get the parts, but it was well worth the wait...

Edited by Kii, 16 August 2010 - 09:55 PM.