Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dual Monitor Issues

• Please log in to reply

Brad175

Brad175

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I just hooked up a second monitor to my video card. Unfortunately, I'm irritated about the fact that everything opens in my primary monitor, unless I last used it in my secondary monitor. Basically, this is what I'm looking for:
I want to be able to open programs in specified monitors, but that doesn't mean that I want software to assign (for example) Firefox to open in my secondary monitor every time. Does anyone know of a way to give a desktop icon some sort of property to make it open in a certain monitor? Or maybe a special taskbar that opens stuff in the second monitor? I guess what I really want is to make both screens as independent of each other as possible, and I haven't found software etc. for it yet.

Summed Up:
-2 Monitors
-Want to specify where to open programs

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Sadly, unless the programmer codes in support for multiple monitors, you will run into this problem often. The best solution (though not perfect) I have found is to use UltraMon. It is not free, but since I can't live without dual-monitors (and don't understand how I survived before with just one), I can't live without UltraMon either.

Brad175

Brad175

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Sadly, unless the programmer codes in support for multiple monitors, you will run into this problem often. The best solution (though not perfect) I have found is to use UltraMon. It is not free, but since I can't live without dual-monitors (and don't understand how I survived before with just one), I can't live without UltraMon either.

Well thanks for the input. I was really looking for a way around spending money >.> but yeah thanks lol.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

I was really looking for a way around spending money

Aren't we all? I did too. I tried all the free stuff but they did not compare to UltraMon. I suggest you check them out for yourself.

Google